Privacy is extremely important to Cocoon Labs Ltd. We find the security of your personal data a serious matter. That is why in this policy we will tell you how we collect and process data received from you on our website. It will include information about us, what we will collect, how and when we collect, what use and end use this data will have, what your rights are and other important information we would like to share with you, such as disclosure.
Cocoon Labs Ltd.
As a ‘Data Controller’, the following information is given to you in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679
Company name: Cocoon Labs Ltd. (hereafter: Cocoon)
Registered business address: 46 The Calls, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK LS2 7EY
Attention: Data Protection Officer - [email protected]
Data we mostly collect includes (but is not limited to) your name, mailing address, billing address, phone number, email address, and payment information, such as credit cards. The following list includes (but is not limited to) the data we may collect and/or process about you:
- Information you submit on forms or surveys, either on our website at any time, or on any websites we may be published on;
- A record of any correspondence between us, such as emails and phone calls;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website;
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use. This includes search queries;
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser type, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers;
- Please note: we do not identify individuals to our advertisers, we do however give them aggregated information to help them reach their target audience, and we may use information we have collected to display advertisements to that audience;
- Recordings from the Cocoon device and information gathered by our App. This data will be stored safely see section ‘Data storage’;
- All data collected by Cocoon has an end use for us. You can find this use in the section ‘Data usage’.
Any of the data collected and/or processed will be used by Cocoon to:
- Present website content effectively to you. E.g.: Data will help us recognize your browser type and operating system, which adapts our website automatically to be compatible for your device;
- Provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) we think may interest you;
- Carry out our contracts with you;
- Verify identities for your own personal safety and anti-fraud purposes;
- Cooperate with law enforcement services within the confines of the law;
- Support legal proceedings or technical diagnosis, with customer consent;
- Allow you to use our products and services. We may also use certain data to help create, operate, and improve our products and services;
- Improve customer communication;
- Inform you on our charges;
- Inform you on any changes to our terms and conditions, prices, or policies;
- Cocoon will only email you about other goods and services that might interest you, if you have given consent for us to do so.
- We will inform existing customers via email about important issues with the Service, such as outages or security concerns. Cocoon has a legitimate commercial interest in sending these emails to keep you informed about issues with the Service that might affect your experience;
- If a customer, new or existing, does not want to be contacted for marketing purposes, there will be a relevant box to tick to opt-out, which you can find when filling in your personal information. It is also possible to unsubscribe from marketing purpose related information by emailing to [email protected].
- 'Session cookies' allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards.
- 'Persistent cookies' remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We can also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your experience on our site.
- Session and persistent cookies can be either first or third party cookies. A first-party cookie is set by the website being visited; a third-party cookie is set by a different website. Both types of cookie may be used by us or our business partners.
By purchasing a Cocoon device, or submitting your personal data, you agree to the following methods of data storage:
- The data collected by your Cocoon device is transferred from the Cocoon device to a cloud service run by Cocoon. Via our App you can pair a mobile device to your Cocoon device. Only paired devices can access the cloud service and will have access to only the data the paired Cocoon device has transferred.
- It is possible that the cloud is temporarily unavailable due to force majeure. We cannot guarantee the availability to access your data in the event of unforeseen events including, but not limited to earthquakes, power outages, floods, and fires.
- We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
- Cocoon encrypts all passwords and details that belong to you. You must keep all personal information, such as passwords confidential for security purposes.
Cocoon may disclose certain personal information to strategic trusted third parties that work with us. This helps Cocoon to provide the best possible products and services. We have the right to disclose certain information when:
- The possibility of the sale of our business, or our company arises. We have the right to disclose your information to any potential buyers;
- There is a need to disclose your information to other businesses in our group. An example is the security company that acts on strange behavior picked up by the Cocoon device. These businesses however are obligated to protect your information in the same manner as Cocoon does;
- Required to do so by law, or by any competent authority;
- The legal obligation to do so arises, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights;
- Exchanging information with third parties to protect you and Cocoon against fraud or credit risks.
Data Subject Rights
You have the right to access, correct, update, export, or delete your personal information. You may email us at [email protected] with any such subject access requests (“SAR”), and we will respond within thirty (30) days.
For any SAR, we will need to verify a requestor is enquiring about their own information before we can assist. Where a SAR may implicate the personal data of another individual, we must balance the request against the risk of violating another person’s privacy rights.
You may manage your receipt of commercial communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of such emails or you may send a request to [email protected].
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
This Policy was last updated on September 26th, 2018