You’ve just unboxed your beautiful new Cocoon, the award-winning home security gadget, and now need to choose a good spot for it in your home. To help you decide, we’ve pulled together some tips on where best to locate a Cocoon camera.
With Cocoon, you get home security without complex installation or ugly sensors on your windows and doors. Cocoon senses low-frequency sound waves in the air of your home to detect movement that normal cameras and sensors would miss. It’s smart, working best when the camera is located in the right spot of your home.
We’ve designed Cocoon to be an incredibly easy home security system to set up. First, plug in your Cocoon and download the app and you’ll be guided through some simple steps. The next step is choosing where to locate Cocoons in your home, so here are our tips.
Give Cocoon a good view
Cocoon has received praise for its picture quality both in reviews and from the UK Police force.
With 720p HD video, night vision and a 120-degree wide angle lens, you get a clear view of your home from anywhere. We’re often asked why Cocoon has 720p rather than 1080p video, and there’s a really good reason for it. It gives you much more reliable streaming of the HD video. When looking after what you love and catching important moments, the reliability is what counts. Not the extra pixels. And at 720p HD, Cocoon gives you a crystal clear video of your home with less annoying buffering.
It’s best to place Cocoons at central locations in your home. Then, should something happen, it will be caught on camera. We recommend you have Cocoons overlooking main thoroughfares, passageways or living spaces. Avoid having your Cocoon facing a window though, reflections of the LED light can distort your video image.
Keep Subsound® sonorous
Our unique Subsound® technology means a Cocoon can detect things that a normal home security camera would miss, by sensing the low-frequency sound waves caused by movement. Its A.I. then learns what’s normal for your home, improving accuracy and avoiding false alerts. (You can read more about the magic of Subsound® in this blog).
For Subsound® to work at its best, accurately alerting you when you need to know, we recommend the following:
- Place your Cocoon on a flat stable surface, not one that might wobble, creates sound (eg. on a fridge) or reverberate (eg. glass)
- Avoid putting your Cocoon next to a window that’s by a busy road. External sounds can interfere with Cocoon’s understanding of the normal sounds of your home and therefore with its accuracy.
- Avoid placing your Cocoon near other electronics
- As with all sound equipment, if Cocoon is too near to other gadgets or telephones it can cause feedback in the sound recording of your videos.
- Air conditioning, dehumidifiers, and fish tank pumps, all create vibrations in the air that can interfere with how Cocoon detects movement in the air.
- Active dishwashers and washing machines left on in an empty home can trigger Cocoon to send alerts.
- Choose a spot near a power source. We provide you with a 2m long cable to give you flexibility over where you locate you Cocoon, but it does need power.
- Keep your Cocoon within good range of your WiFi router, set to 2.4GHz.
Of course, not every home is the same, which is why Cocoon uses A.I. to learn to better protect your home. Sometimes, the unique elements that make your house your home can affect how Cocoon’s Subsound® technology works. So if you experience something that doesn’t seem quite right, or you have any questions, our brilliant support team are happy to help. You can email them on [email protected] or chat instantly on our website.